Big House Update
Well it's been three months since Jay's last post and a lot has happened, finally. We finally had our construction meeting in late July and they told us they would be paving the roads soon and then they would be able to get the permits.
They finally paved the roads in late August. We thought they were going to notify us when they got the permits so imagine our surprise when we went out a couple of weeks ago to find that they had poured our footings. Some of the neighbors already had the blocks set for their foundation. Our blocks were on our lot, but not set yet.
We went back last Friday to find that not only had they set the blocks, but they had already framed the entire first floor!
Jay is going to start going out every other day or so during his lunch break but since so much is going on right now we are both making the trips out during the week.
We headed out last night after dinner not sure what to expect. When we went last Friday our neighbor's first floor was framed and by Sunday their second floor was too. So we got their last night and in the two days they had poured the floor of the garage and framed it and also framed the second floor and put on the roof trusses. Unfortunately, they hadn't put the stairs in yet and there was only a rickety ladder made out of 2x4's spaced a couple of feet apart. Of course we still climbed it though but only high enough to peak over the top. So we don't have any pictures of the second floor yet.
We have been taking lots of pictures and video. Jay and my family says the video is too long and kind of boring, but I'm really making it more for us to have as a keepsake as opposed to for the entertainment of others.
We have met 3 sets of neighbors now. We met our next door neighbors a couple of weeks ago. Then we met our across the street diagonally neighbors last weekend. Finally this past weekend we met a couple that just moved in in the previous phase. Everyone has been really nice and excited.
Now that we finally have a house and not just a lot with pictures of what might be there one day I'm getting really excited. It's really nice that Jay is in the business because he knows all sorts of info that I assume everyone doesn't know. At least stuff I don't know or wouldn't think about. He pointed out Sunday that the panels on the lot were the garage wall panels and that they would probably do that next (and they did). And he pointed out last night that the decking for the roof was there and they would probably begin that next. I'm also hoping they build us some stairs soon. I have a very weak upper body so I don't want to have to keep pulling myself up that scary ladder. Plus it's a long way down. The opening goes all the way to the garage not the first floor.
So I've chattered enough for now. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking. And I'm sure now that I've posted Jay won't be far behind me with his own take on the situation. Later.
They finally paved the roads in late August. We thought they were going to notify us when they got the permits so imagine our surprise when we went out a couple of weeks ago to find that they had poured our footings. Some of the neighbors already had the blocks set for their foundation. Our blocks were on our lot, but not set yet.
We went back last Friday to find that not only had they set the blocks, but they had already framed the entire first floor!
Jay is going to start going out every other day or so during his lunch break but since so much is going on right now we are both making the trips out during the week.
We headed out last night after dinner not sure what to expect. When we went last Friday our neighbor's first floor was framed and by Sunday their second floor was too. So we got their last night and in the two days they had poured the floor of the garage and framed it and also framed the second floor and put on the roof trusses. Unfortunately, they hadn't put the stairs in yet and there was only a rickety ladder made out of 2x4's spaced a couple of feet apart. Of course we still climbed it though but only high enough to peak over the top. So we don't have any pictures of the second floor yet.
We have been taking lots of pictures and video. Jay and my family says the video is too long and kind of boring, but I'm really making it more for us to have as a keepsake as opposed to for the entertainment of others.
We have met 3 sets of neighbors now. We met our next door neighbors a couple of weeks ago. Then we met our across the street diagonally neighbors last weekend. Finally this past weekend we met a couple that just moved in in the previous phase. Everyone has been really nice and excited.
Now that we finally have a house and not just a lot with pictures of what might be there one day I'm getting really excited. It's really nice that Jay is in the business because he knows all sorts of info that I assume everyone doesn't know. At least stuff I don't know or wouldn't think about. He pointed out Sunday that the panels on the lot were the garage wall panels and that they would probably do that next (and they did). And he pointed out last night that the decking for the roof was there and they would probably begin that next. I'm also hoping they build us some stairs soon. I have a very weak upper body so I don't want to have to keep pulling myself up that scary ladder. Plus it's a long way down. The opening goes all the way to the garage not the first floor.
So I've chattered enough for now. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking. And I'm sure now that I've posted Jay won't be far behind me with his own take on the situation. Later.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home